Forums > Bugs > New Word for Dictionary - not working

Jeanne (75931) on 8/9/2011 11:47 AM · Permalink · Report

While submitting an Ad Blurb, I tried to add a word to the dictionary. The pop-up appeared as usual, but it was titled "Blank page" with nothing inside it.

Patrick Bregger (303246) on 8/14/2011 8:46 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

That's the first time I noticed this feature. And it even has the ability to add German words!

So, before I go nuts, who reviews the words I add there? Is there any realistic chance the words I add will be implemented before the next millennium?

Jeanne (75931) on 8/14/2011 11:20 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Patrick Bregger wrote--]That's the first time I noticed this feature. And it even has the ability to add German words!

So, before I go nuts, who reviews the words I add there? Is there any realistic chance the words I add will be implemented before the next millennium? [/Q --end Patrick Bregger wrote--]Are you telling me that it is working now? (I haven't had the reason to add one since my post.)

Usually the word you add will be immediately implemented (i.e. a refresh of the page you were looking at no longer shows the word in red). BUT, sometimes words in languages other than English don't work. Also, it doesn't seem to like any words with hyphens, apostrophe's or other characters .. and of course no numbers.

Unfortunately the feature is only available while contributing. I have long wanted to be able to add words during approvals.

Patrick Bregger (303246) on 8/14/2011 12:10 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

It did work for me this morning. Or at least I could add some words which had no effect after refreshing the page.

I was a German MobyRank and so the system should know it is a German text.