Forums > Bugs > Skipped items returning to the queue

Patrick Bregger (303246) on 11/5/2011 10:24 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

When a skipped item returns to the queue, the previous approval action is ignored.

Example:

1) I skipped an item, meaning it disappears for an hour from the queue (for me)

2) I continue to work on the queue. I work on a contribution, carefully writing a response, choose the approval action and click on the "update status" button.

3) When the hour is over, the skipped item is displayed next. After dealing with it (or skipping it again), the item I worked on in step 2) is displayed again as if I had done nothing with it. All my work is lost unless I can retrieve it through the browser cache. (direct edits of the contribution are saved)

It is the single most annoying thing in the whole approval process.

Jeanne (75931) on 11/6/2011 1:35 PM · Permalink · Report

I agree wholeheartedly! I've gotten in the habit of opening a text editor file and copying my long response to it before updating the entry.

vedder (71130) on 11/9/2011 4:02 AM · Permalink · Report

This also happens when:

1) approver A opens queue X and is presented with the oldest entry

2) approver B opens queue X and is presented with the oldest but one, because the oldest is locked by approver A

3) approver A doesn't do anything and goes away

4) approver B approves/wips/rejects the item from queue X, he's now shown the oldest item (the one Approver A was shown) and the actions taken on the item are lost. Most likely the approver won't notice unitl he's submitted an action on his previous item and is shown his old item again.