Forums > Bugs > Yet another "Internal Server Error"

MAT (240988) on 1/18/2016 5:20 AM · Permalink · Report

Uploading covers (and probably screenshots) yield the message below...

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Starbuck the Third (22601) on 1/18/2016 4:17 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Had the same thing a wile ago and brought it up then: http://www.mobygames.com/forums/dga,2/dgb,4/dgm,188495/

Hope it's the same cause.

DarkDante (6006) on 1/26/2016 9:21 AM · Permalink · Report

Same here. To solve it, I remake the .zip archive smaller and it usually works but not today...

Picard (47945) on 1/28/2016 2:33 AM · Permalink · Report

What gives? Still?

MAT (240988) on 1/28/2016 5:32 AM · Permalink · Report

Same here. Yes, this is still plaguing this site, once a week or so. Kinda lame to halt the contribution progress for a day every week or two. Not sure why that only happens when uploading screenshots, not textual entries.

DarkDante (6006) on 1/28/2016 7:11 AM · Permalink · Report

Still happening, I have a row of 3 days that can´t upload screenshots in .zip archives. I tried in 3 different computers and locations but always error.

The browser shows the uploading progress to 100% and the error happens while the waiting response message from mobygames.

Kabushi (261371) on 1/28/2016 7:58 AM · Permalink · Report

I got a large batch uploaded now, so it seems to be working again.

DarkDante (6006) on 1/28/2016 3:23 PM · Permalink · Report

Still getting the Internal server error :/

Simon Carless (1834) on 1/28/2016 6:03 PM · Permalink · Report

I wonder if this is related to the size or type of file or the location you're uploading it into rather than a permanent 'server error'? Could you try uploading a different game's screenshots or one that's half the size?

Tracy Poff (2095) on 1/28/2016 6:23 PM · Permalink · Report

I think this is a problem related to libapreq, but the messages in our logs don't give enough information to be useful, and I don't have any way of investigating further.

If it only happens when uploading ZIPs, then you can I guess upload images one at a time, annoying as that is, until this problem resolves itself. Sorry I can't do more.

Plok (220180) on 1/28/2016 7:18 PM · Permalink · Report

Today, I'd get a much milder message stating that an error occured when trying to update a submission. And I was uploading single Steam "covers" for new games I added. Managed to add them successfully in the end, though. Is that related?

DarkDante (6006) on 1/29/2016 9:53 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Tracy Poff wrote--]If it only happens when uploading ZIPs, then you can I guess upload images one at a time, annoying as that is, until this problem resolves itself. Sorry I can't do more. [/Q --end Tracy Poff wrote--] Exactly, only happens (at least to me) uploading .zip archives. I changed the program and weight of the archive (zipping one 5 screenshots, for example). Today will try to reduce the size of the screenshots and report the result.