Forums > Bugs > Internal Server Error when submitting multiple jpgs for cover art

liqmatrix (724) on 2/24/2019 7:44 PM · Permalink · Report

I have noticed when I submit multiple jpgs for cover art and I try to "save" (upload) them I am constantly getting "Internal Server Errors". I have tried multiple browsers and same problem. Also tried clearing the browser cache. If I submit one jpg at a time it seems to take much better, but not perfect either. Is this something any of you are experiencing?

Cavalary (11448) on 2/24/2019 8:20 PM · Permalink · Report

There's a limit of 20 Mb uploaded at once, so check that first.

liqmatrix (724) on 2/24/2019 9:00 PM · Permalink · Report

Thank you! That's probably it.

Deleted (13944) on 5/19/2019 10:13 AM · Permalink · Report

Surely it would be a good idea to put a disclaimer somewhere stating this?

Not trying to criticise, it's just I've spent a long time now trying to figure out why it's suddenly not working only to find this after heading to the bug forums with intentions of reporting it.

MAT (240988) on 5/20/2019 8:28 AM · Permalink · Report

What do you mean?

If you go to screenshots upload page, there's is a top paragraph that says...

Thank you for contributing your user-taken screenshots to MobyGames.com! To make the process as easy as possible, you can now upload all of your screenshots in a single .zip file, or you can continue to use the old method of uploading them one at a time. Uploads must be smaller than 20 megabytes.

...and on covers upload page, just beneath the file select there is a text saying...

Uploaded files must be either JPEG, PNG or ZIP. If you upload a ZIP file, all of the PNG and JPEG files will be extracted from the archive file and processed. The preferred image size is between 200 and 300 DPI, scans under 200 DPI will be rejected. Certain exceptions can be made for rare classic games. Only a total of 20 MB can be uploaded at one time.

...as you can see, both pages mention the limit of 20 MB per upload. Where did you not see that info?

Deleted (13944) on 5/20/2019 10:35 AM · Permalink · Report

I meant when uploading images for credits, it doesn't tell you about the 20MB limit

MAT (240988) on 2/25/2019 1:17 PM · Permalink · Report

Also, if your cover scan is over 20MB, try saving it as JPG (with low compression to retain quality) instead of PNG to reduce on size.