Forums > Bugs > Overly long screenshot description return a confusing error message

Vereina (785) on 3/3/2023 5:56 AM · Permalink · Report

Hey.

It turns out, there's a 255 character limit on the screenshot description, but I found it out the hard way. And, while I could figure the heads from tails in the message that was spawned on my screen, I guess most would not be able to:

There are some problems with your submission: (raised as a result of Query-invoked autoflush; consider using a session.no_autoflush block if this flush is occurring prematurely) (psycopg2.errors.StringDataRightTruncation) value too long for type character varying(255) [SQL: UPDATE game_shot SET shot_description=%(shot_description)s, shot_order=%(shot_order)s, approved=%(approved)s WHERE game_shot.game_shot_id = %(game_shot_game_shot_id)s] [parameters: {'shot_description': "Classic control setting enabled - you get a red army star, where each ray has some action you can select and then spam it about the screen, hoping fo ... (84 characters truncated) ... the idiotic actions are narrated in humorous ways, but you have to know a lot about the Russian culture and folklore to understand half of the jokes.", 'shot_order': 45, 'approved': 2, 'game_shot_game_shot_id': 1117861}] (Background on this error at: https://sqlalche.me/e/14/9h9h)

Tracy Poff (2094) on 3/8/2023 2:27 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks for the report. This will be fixed to give a friendlier error message in the next update.

Cavalary (11446) on 3/8/2023 2:46 AM · Permalink · Report

255 now? Used to be 100...