Forums > Bugs > Extremely weird credit bug.

MAT (240988) on 8/27/2003 6:22 PM · Permalink · Report

Hey Brian, I'm just adding some credits and I must say that half of the credits are missing from the "Step 5: Classify". I dunno if engine decided job classification for them by itself, or what happened, but I know that many are missing and I am not able to select job classification for them. Not that I mind, since this is the most boring part when adding credits, and don't see quite the point since we name all the jobs. Ah well, just wanted to let you know of this bug or whatever it may be.

And I did check to see if those credits were deleted, but they're not, everything's fine, just some of them don't appear on the classification screen. That's all. Everything's going smooth, though. No indication of errors, the reason I noticed this is that top few were casted out, and later when looking at it more closely, I've noticed many others from the middle as well.

Brian Hirt (10408) on 9/4/2003 9:50 PM · Permalink · Report

which game and which platform?

MAT (240988) on 9/4/2003 10:15 PM · Permalink · Report

I see that happen when other approvers submit credits, so I guess it's not game-related. It's a general issue. But nothing is lost, the engine just doesn't asks you to classify all teh credits for some reason.

-Chris (7757) on 9/4/2003 11:23 PM · Permalink · Report

I noticed that, too, but thought it was a feature: could it be that the engine auto-classifies credits which titles correspond 1:1 to a classification (e.g. "Executive Producer")? If that's not the case, how about adding such functionality?

MAT (240988) on 9/4/2003 11:34 PM · Permalink · Report

No, it's not doing that. I thought so at first, but then I noticed some of the exactly same skipped and some quite different in name not asked to enter. I might be wrong, but I believe I checked that. However, maybe you are right, if credits are exact mathc to every character.