Forums > Bugs > Editing Credits bug

Jeanne (75931) on 12/21/2003 3:31 PM · Permalink · Report

I've always been able to go in an edit credits during the approval process. Well, no more! I get the message that I "don't have the authority" to change the credits.

I wanted to figure out why ..

.. a new developer by the name of Dave Kilvin was created ... but I couldn't merge him with the existing David Kilvin. DAVE didn't even show up on the merge list, even though I typed in every conceivable combination of minimal letters.

It looks like more than one person was viewing the credits at the same time ... 2 approvers at once?? ... because when I went back to the approver home page, no new credits were left for me to approve. Is it possible someone else already merged David with Dave ... in the middle of my attempting to approve?

-Chris (7757) on 12/21/2003 3:45 PM · Permalink · Report

Jeanne, that would have been me. I approved the credits (F.A. Premier League something), then merged Dave Kilvin with David Kilvin. Looks like it was indeed a coincidence. However, this shouldn't happen... credits should be "locked" while an approver is working on them.

Brian Hirt (10407) on 12/26/2003 2:49 AM · Permalink · Report

There is a lock put on the submission, but it's pretty short. 5 minutes. Jeanne, do you know if you spend more than 5 minutes between the time you loaded the approval page, and the time you clicked the edit link?

Jeanne (75931) on 12/26/2003 10:46 AM · Permalink · Report

It's very possible that I did spend more than 5 minutes in between loading up the credits and actually approving them. I didn't know I had a time limit!

I always have the "Merge" feature open in the separate window and attempt to match them up before approving. This can take awhile if there are many new ones to check. I don't know if anyone else does it this way, but I've found quite alot of matches this way.

I think 5 minutes is a bit too short. 10 would be better for me.