Forums > News > Contributor highlight: Kabushi's early cellphone images.

Simon Carless (1834) on 4/8/2018 4:35 AM · Permalink · Report

Although we've been adding a larger quantity of modern games, there's still plenty of work being done with older systems and formats.

As always, veteran contributor Kabushi is doing a lot of rare documentation in a low-profile manner, and he's been adding a bunch of promo images for early (2001) Ludigames/Gameloft title Lock 'Em Up, for example.

And overall, the overall list of games that he's added shows lots of concentration on rare & overlooked formats and titles - which is amazing. Keep it up, Sir!

Cavalary (11447) on 4/8/2018 11:52 AM · Permalink · Report

Nice work!

(Since I still have my old Alcatel 512 around, wonder what the... I believe 3 games on that would count as. Not that I'd have any clue about any release info about them.)

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (569914) on 4/8/2018 7:05 PM · Permalink · Report

Those are some serious rare games over there. Nice one Kabushi

Kennyannydenny (128158) on 4/9/2018 7:48 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks for all the great work Kabushi, keep it up!

Kabushi (261303) on 4/9/2018 9:13 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks everyone!

Virgil (8563) on 4/10/2018 2:25 PM · Permalink · Report

Very interesting find Kabushi. I remember seeing some screens in the magazines of that time, but I haven't heard or seen those early games since then. I think early mobile games deserve recognition because they often experimented with the medium back then no one expected much from it. So it's good to have them on site so people could actually see what it looked like. Actually, I'm impressed by some of the gameloft titles, and would like to check out Rainbow Six or Splinter Cell for older phones.

MAT (240988) on 4/16/2018 6:28 AM · Permalink · Report

Great work! Even though I don't care about mobile phones and their games, I love seeing and reading about old rare games over new ones anytime.