Forums > News > Moby v2023.12.02 Release

MobyReed (357) on 12/2/2023 5:55 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

In November we added 55,224 approved contributions to the database - a new monthly record! The prior record was set in June with 48,800. Well done everyone!

v2023.12.02 changelog:

• Added ability to filter Most Wanted by games from your collection (including your entire collection or a specific list!)
  • Added "Special Edition" game relation type (example)
  • Added the Atari VCS platform to the database
  • Added background task to start collecting prices from Steam games
  • Added notes/descriptions to game relation types
  • Changed game rankings to only include ranked games (so, for example, Big Rigs is now ranked #23,547 of #23,547 and Baldur’s Gate III is #1 of #23,547)
  • Changed new game submission timeout from 3 weeks to 6 weeks
  • WIP items attached to WIP games will no longer be auto-rejected
  • Updated MobyPro collaboration UIs (example) to use tables instead of lists
  • Fixed printables not accepting new character limit on the client side
  • Fixed game relation contribution paging and tally
  • Fixed creating new people in credits with copyright lines
  • Fixed HTML not rendering correctly on image captions
  • Fixed deleted forum post display
  • Fixed "More" links unwanted wrapping in certain cases
  • Fixed missing game covers in collaboration UIs

Infernos (44325) on 12/3/2023 3:33 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

The "Special Edition" game relation type was much needed, thanks, I already added a bunch for PSX and PS2. By the way, what to do with Madden NFL 07 (Hall of Fame Edition) which is for PS2 and Xbox 360. However there's separate Madden NFL 07 entries, one for GameCube, PlayStation 2, Wii, Windows, Xbox and the other for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. So which one to choose as the base game? Both?

Plok (217990) on 12/4/2023 9:36 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Both, yes.

Infernos (44325) on 12/5/2023 12:55 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Okay, got it. Just to clarify, two more cases:

1) What about entries that have the "Special Edition" in the title but are technically compilations. For example, Space Channel 5: Special Edition. Are both Space Channel 5 and Space Channel 5: Part 2 base games for that?

2) What to do in cases where a game is re-released on a different platform with some additional features and thus gains the "Special Edition" title. For example, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (Special Edition) should the GameCube original be added as the base game for that?

Plok (217990) on 12/5/2023 1:02 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

1. That's spooky, I was just looking at that entry minutes ago! Yeah, we look at the contents rather than titles. The latter is often used very liberally. In the case of Space Channel 5, it should just wait until we get Compilations as a relation type.

2. To be honest, I'd put such games under enhanced ports.

Cantillon (78206) on 12/5/2023 3:48 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Shouldn't that first one only have Compilation as a genre as well?

Plok (217990) on 12/5/2023 3:55 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Indeed it should, fixed now.

Emitewiki (547) on 12/4/2023 6:19 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Super stoked about a bunch of these changes, many of them I've been really looking forward to for a while!

Special Edition is dope. Most Wanted filtering from My Collection is very useful for giving people easy tools to contribute. And the new game submission timeout moving to 6 weeks is SO good.

Will there be a temporary break/interruption to the usual release schedule due to the holidays? If so, where will the gap be that you guys will be taking a break during?