🐳 Featured Group: Gameplay feature: House ownership

Forums > News > Moby v2024.06.07

MobyReed (386) on 6/7/2024 8:54 PM · edited · Reply · Permalink · Report

MobyPro

• New feature: Game cover explorer (front & back covers)
  • New feature: Promo image explorer (including magazines ads, concept art, renders, etc)
  • New version of the Game Browser with options to include more information in the results - including genres, developers and publishers
  • Increased game browser CSV export from 1,000 to 2,500 results
  • Added option to have up to 100 results per page on the game browser
  • Added contribution stats feature to the homepage
  • Fixed CSV exports that were broken for a few platforms

General Updates

• New game identifier tool that allows entering multiple identifiers and pulls store information
  • Moved patch information from Releases to its own section (example) and increased allowed description length
  • Added "preview" function to game description in the Add Game form
  • Allow 'person' and 'personid' in all MobyTags (developer/developerid still work, but are deprecated)
  • Credits form now remembers what screenshot you were last viewing (if applicable)
  • Pending game relations now appear at the top of game pages, when relevant
  • Frontend optimizations
  • Database optimizations
  • Misc. bug fixes, UI fixes and polish

hoeksmas (155098) on 6/7/2024 9:05 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Promo image explorer Oh, that's about the coolest thing ever! I'm already loving exploring the old advertisements by platform! 1200 Apple II advertisements to explore. I just wish such a fun feature wasn't kept just to MobyPro.

Emitewiki (633) on 6/11/2024 3:55 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Woohoo! So stoked for a new full release after two months 😃 I like the new beta Game Browser, especially the checkboxes for showing/hiding columns – that's clever! And it doesn't look too shabby on mobile, which I appreciate. Overall, focusing MobyPro around being a "paid subscription tool for researchers" seems like a cool idea.

The Preview function for Descriptions is a great add, and the Instructions on the left-hand side of the description area is helpful. Just can't wait for proper formatting tools to be added to make bolding, linking, etc. easier with clickable buttons and keyboard shortcuts 🥲instead of having to memorize all of the formatting syntax and manually type the correct MobyTags. And I can't wait for public-facing citations!!

S Olafsson (60590) on 6/11/2024 5:37 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Fwiw, there is no way currently to add identifiers to new game submissions... or am I missing something?

Koterminus (268756) on 6/12/2024 10:27 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

You can still add them by going to https://www.mobygames.com/contribute/game-relation/[gameid]/ where [gameid] is the ID of the WIP game.

Infernos (45105) on 6/15/2024 10:24 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Lovin' the game cover & promo image explorer features. Great stuff!

Both could use some more sorting options though.
For game cover explorer it could use an option to include/exclude electronic covers (those with "Packaging: Electronic"). Perhaps also sort by particular country or continent. Also it seems that covers for games that have the "Adult" tag are excluded currently. That could be another sorting option - include/exclude Adult games.

For promo image explorer just an option to search for image caption's keywords. So, for example, you could find magazine ads from a particular country. Or search for concept art of a particular character.

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (583141) on 7/23/2024 7:43 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

From one day (yesterday July 22nd and earlier) to just today (23rd) there's no more "pooled" release info at the top of the release info pages of games..... Is it just me or?

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (583141) on 7/23/2024 7:45 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

NEVER MIND...... I'm stupid. It was my MobyPro early access that was finished and had to be reactivated :P