Forums > MobyGames > How long to get company/games approved?

Jamie Yantis (27) on 2/7/2012 5:40 PM · Permalink · Report

Hello! How long does it normally take to get companies and games approved? I read that it is all volunteer based. Is there a way to get in contact with volunteers for help?

Starbuck the Third (22601) on 2/7/2012 7:38 PM · Permalink · Report

If I could have a shiny penny for every one of these threads...

But in all seriousness, It depends on three things in my experience: 1- the platform 2- sources provided 3- how easy is it for the approver to approve.

Usually, someone will get round to it, just be patient.

Nury (920) on 2/7/2012 7:44 PM · Permalink · Report

I know there are different approvers for certain platforms, but while we are on the subject, are there specific approvers for developer corrections?

vedder (71145) on 2/7/2012 7:51 PM · Permalink · Report

Yes only a select few have access to that.

Jamie Yantis (27) on 2/8/2012 6:50 PM · Permalink · Report

How can I improve my sources? And where do I include that information? I didn't add sources like I did with our Wikipedia article. I'd love to improve my entry to speed along the approval process.

Sciere (930962) on 2/8/2012 7:09 PM · Permalink · Report

For your Empire & State game entry, include a link that proves the developer/publisher and release date with a reliable source.

Starbuck the Third (22601) on 2/8/2012 8:02 PM · Permalink · Report

Like sciere says, something reliable like a games official site or something like Xbox.com that's run by someone in the loop, as it were. Include the source in the "notes for the approver" section. That should hopefully speed up approvals for you.

Jamie Yantis (27) on 2/9/2012 9:35 PM · Permalink · Report

Thank you both for the tips. I am trying to add source to the notes section but I can't find where to edit my submissions.

vedder (71145) on 2/9/2012 9:41 PM · Permalink · Report

http://www.mobygames.com/user/sheet/view/approvals

Or if the item in question has already been WIPed by an approver, you'll find a link on the frontpage (top middle) and in the e-mail (if you have e-mailing enabled).

Jamie Yantis (27) on 2/9/2012 9:56 PM · Permalink · Report

I pulled something from the pending queue to edit it, but there is no option to edit. It is now in "work in progress" but I can't edit it. I have no messages and I have email enabled.

Thanks for the help. I am such a newb :(

vedder (71145) on 2/9/2012 10:05 PM · Permalink · Report

At the top here: http://www.mobygames.com/ (above the new reviews and game updates) there should be a boxed message saying you have WIPed items. Click the link there to view which items and then select "Make changes to submission" on the desired item.

Jamie Yantis (27) on 2/9/2012 10:14 PM · Permalink · Report

This is what I see http://tinypic.com/r/mll853/5

How do you add pictures to posts? I promise that link isn't a virus!

Sciere (930962) on 2/9/2012 11:04 PM · Permalink · Report

You pulled back the release info item of a game that isn't approved yet. Pull back the entire game entry and you'll see the box where you can edit the game in full, including the release info item, through the wizard.

Jamie Yantis (27) on 2/9/2012 11:17 PM · Permalink · Report

Thank you so much! I was able to add a note to the reviewer of where all of our references are. Thank you for your help!

Jamie Yantis (27) on 2/14/2012 6:48 PM · Permalink · Report

Is there a way I can contact a volunteer and request a review?