Forums > MobyGames > How do I add a game to a group?

Goncalo Goncalves (176) on 5/7/2013 10:35 AM · Permalink · Report

I was trying to add Episode four of The Silver Lining onto Moby Games' database as there's already a group about it:

http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/silver-lining-episodes

But I got this message from an approver:

" I assume you have played the game. Can you clarify how the 4th episode is accessed? You now have to download a file with all 4 episodes. Can the fourth episode be launched independently or is it accessed from a main menu? If it cannot be launched independently, this raises questions as to how the entry should be organized, see the Windows version of The Walking Dead for instance."

So... how should I add it then? I think he means I should add it to the group, but how do i do that in the wizard?

Or does he mean I should join all episodes into one game? Well... how do I do that?

CalaisianMindthief (8172) on 5/7/2013 1:28 PM · Permalink · Report

What he means is: when buying the game online, is the thing you download containing all the episodes or just the 4th episode ? If the install has all the episodes, then you should add a game that's called The Silver Lining or something like that, and describe all the contents of the package + episode 4.

Goncalo Goncalves (176) on 5/7/2013 2:38 PM · Permalink · Report

I see, but will it be accepted though? I mean technically there's already an entry for Episodes 1-3 :P

Sciere (930960) on 5/7/2013 4:02 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

The problem is the three previous episodes were accepted as independent releases. That certainly goes for the first one, but I don't know if the second and the third were also released independently, or as a bundled game with the other episodes. If it's the latter, it would follow the organization of the Back to the Future: The Game reboot (first episode provided for free - so independent entry - the others only as a bundle entry because you can't download only the second episode without the first one).

Either the second or third game were approved in error, or they changed the way the game is provided for the fourth one.

Edit: ah well, found it: "If you already have Episodes 1-3, download the Episode 4 Patch (647 MB). To download all four Episodes, download the Episodes 1-4 Full Build (1.7GB)" That option is now no longer available it seems, but it was originally, so the independent entry is valid (as an expansion to the original game however, so just "add-on" as an extra genre), just resubmit with a link to this thread. I assume the same was done for episode 2 and 3 so those should be fine too.

Goncalo Goncalves (176) on 5/8/2013 2:52 AM · Permalink · Report

Ah, thanks for the help, Sciere :)