Forums > MobyGames > 3 points removed

liqmatrix (724) on 3/18/2019 6:02 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Could someone look into why 3 points were removed from my account? Just would like an explanation as to what was corrected. It removes my desire to contribute if I don't know what it is that was not submitted correctly, what needs to be corrected, etc. Thanks.

Kabushi (261371) on 3/18/2019 6:50 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Most likely this was due to companies assigned to a release info were changed or removed. Each company is worth one point so if three companies were removed you would lose three points.

CalaisianMindthief (8172) on 3/24/2019 4:54 PM · Permalink · Report

To be more specific, I have checked your user page in Google cache, and it is actually only one company (you were given one point for creating the company, one for adding a name to the company and a third point for associating the company to a release info | a total of 3 points). The problematic company was John Besnard. I myself wasn't involved in the correction but we don't add individuals as companies, they go in the credits sections. That's probably the reason why it was removed.

Companies are I think the only type of submission where one can lose points after corrections.

Don't get discouraged by this. It was a minor mistake.