Forums > MobyGames > Submission Approvals

WONDERなパン (17284) on 3/3/2020 6:08 PM · Permalink · Report

Hey guys, so what is the expected wait time for submission approvals. I submitted a few game reviews over the past few weeks and I've seen no progress. Is there a large backlog of these contributions waiting for review?

Trying to figure out if I've missed a step somewhere. Could use some guidance.

Thanks,

Alaka (106740) on 3/3/2020 6:56 PM · Permalink · Report

I pushed them through.

WONDERなパン (17284) on 3/4/2020 5:43 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks, Alaka!

Should I submit these forum posts for future submissions? Just trying to learn the recommended practices for getting these approved. I'm not sure what the requirements are to review these and approve, but I'd be happy to assist if there is a large backlog needing work.

Let me know. Thanks again!

Deleted (13944) on 3/4/2020 5:53 PM · Permalink · Report

No need to post these for future submissions, although if you want to speed up approval time then posting on here might be beneficial as it means that an approver might go approve it for you.

Unfortunately approval times here are nearly always slow as we have a huge backlog. The approval process is quite complicated and I think there's a certain number of submissions required but thanks for the offer!

coldacid (550) on 4/11/2020 2:37 AM · Permalink · Report

It'd be nice if the approval process itself was more bazaar than cathedral. Having a fixed, mostly silent set of approvers instead of an open queue where members can verify data for approval might help with the backlog. In the meantime I'm sitting on a pile of submissions, including a new game that I'd also like to add credits to (if only that didn't require approval for the game first).

Patrick Bregger (303331) on 4/13/2020 8:01 PM · Permalink · Report

On the proofreading stage of the game submission there is a link in the text (can't remember what it is called exactly), when you click it you can add additional information like credits before approval.

Cantillon (79434) on 4/18/2020 6:15 AM · Permalink · Report

Indeed, click on the 'contribute' link there.

WONDERなパン (17284) on 5/26/2020 6:30 AM · Permalink · Report

Roger that, I'll keep working on my contributor rating and quality of submissions. Hopefully after sometime I can become more helpful and join in the approval process. Would love to help out more.

coldacid (550) on 5/26/2020 8:04 PM · Permalink · Report

Hopefully sooner rather than later. Seeing how many contributions I've put in that are still sitting around in the queues after five weeks without any kind of response sure sucks, doesn't it.

Pedro Ferreira (2643) on 10/27/2020 3:43 PM · Permalink · Report

I have a similar problem. I don't want to keep sending PMs to approvers in case I'm annoying them yet at the same time submissions are slow to get looked at.

Nowhere Girl (8680) on 4/17/2020 5:18 PM · Permalink · Report

Oh, I should have posted here... I'm having the same problem with my reviews of two games and sven screenshots for "A Short Hike".