Forums > MobyGames > Website to find game engine/sound engine/middleware of mobile apps

Deleted (13944) on 3/25/2020 10:38 AM · Permalink · Report

I've been using a website called AppBrain to get information about the game engine, sound engine and middleware that Android games use in cases where it isn't already shown to the user in the credits. However, this website is really annoying as it only lets you view "5" (although I'm sure mine only let me view 3) pages before asking you to register (which doesn't do anything) or pay a subscription fee. So... anyone know any alternatives?

Foxhack (32099) on 3/25/2020 3:04 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but get a disposable email address for sites like this. It makes browsing for info sooooo much easier. :P

Deleted (13944) on 3/25/2020 4:33 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

The weird thing is even after registering for an account using my own email address it still seemed to demand a subscription fee without showing me any more info than when I was logged out and it first started moaning. Maybe I should try again using a different account created with a disposable email address to see if it stops complaining...

Edit: nvm, I was just being stupid.

firefang9212 (81837) on 3/27/2020 12:55 AM · Permalink · Report

I personally use the AppBrain Ad Detector app. I have it installed in Nox Player (a Android vm) and it detects the middleware for what games I run in the vm and it doesn't have the limitations that the website has.

Rik Hideto (473434) on 3/28/2020 9:58 AM · Permalink · Report

Just use the Tor Browser. Case solved...