🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > Any way to view the previous UI?

Michael Cassidy (21289) on 2/21/2023 5:58 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm sure there isn't, but I'll ask anyway. The new design is confusing to me. It looks barren/sterile, with little to separate sections of a page from each other. It actually gives me a headache. I'm sure this was to make the site more "mobile friendly," which always makes it ugly on desktop.

For example, category pages: https://www.mobygames.com/group/11869/theme-holidays-other-than-halloween-or-christmas/ They're now overly simplistic. It's literally just a list, with the only details being a game's initial release year and the platforms it's been released on. It used to have a table format, with more categories, and ways of changing the order to your preference. It's harder, for me at least to navigate.

Plok (214295) on 2/21/2023 6:05 PM · Permalink · Report

No.

some dood on 3/3/2023 11:35 PM · Permalink · Report

sadface
It looks quite broken now. Hope I get used to it.

MobyReed (325) on 2/22/2023 4:10 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

There's a link there to view it in the game browser, next to where it says 93 games. But would it be better, and save a click, if there was a simplified version of that embedded into these pages? That's the idea.

And the desktop is the primary site. It's what I use 99% of the time and >50% of visitors do. But still, want it to work well on mobile too - a lot of people use the site on mobile.