Forums > MobyGames > Game Group Suggestion: Samurai Warriors, Musou

TheLetterM (296) on 11/2/2008 4:51 PM · Permalink · Report

It seems to me that there should be a catergory for all the Samurai Warriors Games: 1, XL, 2, possibly Orochi.

It also would probably make sense to have a overarching group that contains all of the Koei Musou-style games: Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Orochi, that Gundam one they made, and maybe Mystic Warriors.

Indra was here (20750) on 11/2/2008 6:43 PM · Permalink · Report

Dunno. All that basically falls under medieval fantasy or historical. Its just like trying to put Games with Knights under a game group. Ninja's however, are much more uncommon and not every game in medieval Japan has to do with Ninja's, but certainly has to do with Samurai.

Donatello (466) on 11/3/2008 4:26 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--]Dunno. All that basically falls under medieval fantasy or historical. Its just like trying to put Games with Knights under a game group. Ninja's however, are much more uncommon and not every game in medieval Japan has to do with Ninja's, but certainly has to do with Samurai. [/Q --end Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--]

You misunderstood him. He's not talking about samurai games in general, but the Samurai Warriors series by KOEI.

Indra was here (20750) on 11/3/2008 6:53 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Donatello wrote--] You misunderstood him. He's not talking about samurai games in general, but the Samurai Warriors series by KOEI. [/Q --end Donatello wrote--]

Ah, my mistake then. A series.

Xoleras (66132) on 11/3/2008 6:04 PM · Permalink · Report

I've created a group for Samurai Warriors, Katana, State of War and Xtreme Legends - I guess the 2 is one of the middle ones. ;)

For the "Koei Musou-style", a proper description would be needed.

TheLetterM (296) on 11/29/2008 7:45 PM · Permalink · Report

Hmm.... This is really rough, but how about this?

"Any Koei-developed third-person hack'n'slash game that features dynamic battlegrounds (ie. scripted events that change the tide of battle), character development, weapon and item acquisition, and enemy combatants numbering over a thousand per level. Players fight using a combination of ground combos, jumping attacks, first-person arrow or gun attacks, and room clearing 'Musou' attacks that are dependant on a charge bar."

I would add "historical" and "prone to a bevy of sequels and expansions" to the description except that two (Mystic Warriors and DW:Gundam) are not historical and were one-shots.