Forums > Game Talk > Who should I interview?

WillyWombat (10) on 7/1/2014 7:57 PM · Permalink · Report

So to be real honest, I suck at documenting and indexing. I just don't have that kind of stamina for that level of detail. However, uncovering and preserving the culture of games in context is a big deal to me.

In an attempt to still be helpful, I'm pulling the trigger on a project I've meant to do for a long time, but never made the time to, y'know... actually do it.

I'm starting a YouTube channel for recording game history through interviews. The format will be something somewhat a developer commentary on DVDs. I'll have the folks being interviewed in a google hangout with footage of the relevant game playing in the background. Like a Let's Play, but with all the commentary coming from the devs or authority.

I've already reached out to all the original Digital Cafe team members that made Chex Quest back in '96. I've dealt with them off and on for several years, so it was an easy first step. They released a well designed game, and I believe they were the first to put a digital game in cereal boxes. Contextually, they have a pretty cool story I'd like stored.

I want to know who you guys think I should attempt to get interviewed. What games? What companies? I'm trying to expand the entries into the trivia and bio sections more.

Game Guesser (28) on 7/1/2014 11:25 PM · Permalink · Report

have you done this kind of project before? Is there some other person or group whose model of interviews and exposition you consider a model for your own efforts?

Indra was here (20752) on 7/2/2014 3:21 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start WillyWombat wrote--]I want to know who you guys think I should attempt to get interviewed. What games? What companies? I'm trying to expand the entries into the trivia and bio sections more. [/Q --end WillyWombat wrote--]From a research methodology perspective, it seems to me you haven't identified a purpose of this endeavour yet i.e. what question do you personally think is important, that needs to be addressed (research question)?

Hence why you're having trouble identifying the who, what, where, how questions. Once you've identified the why question and satisfied with it, the other questions fall into place quite easily. The who, what, where questions are a distraction and you'll go around in circles if you haven't identified the why question yet.

And no, there's no identifiable research question in your post.