Forums > Game Forums > Spin Rush > Developer Crohack

Freeman (65146) on 3/17/2019 8:43 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Does anyone know anything about the developer Crohack? Looking at the history on SteamDB, it seems that the developer ID was changed from Crohack to Just1337 on December 28, 2018. On the Steam store page for the game, you can still see 'Crohack Presents' on the trailer that automatically plays.

Crohack's other credited game, Slash It has both Crohack & Just1337 listed as developer (this is the scraped release info). Strangely though, searching its history on SteamDB, Crohack isn't listed at all and the history item where the developer & publisher are first added doesn't include Crohack.

One last thing, there seems to be little information on Crohack but their company page at Mod DB lists only Spin Rush and the company homepage is Just1337.com.

Edit: Not related to Crohack, but also see the thread here for more information on Just1337/KupiKey.

firefang9212 (81834) on 3/19/2019 3:19 PM · Permalink · Report

Okay, after doing a bit of digging I've found some more info on these companies.

Just1337 is a Croatian game developer founded in 2015 by Jurica Šinko, who also founded Steam key reseller KupiKey in 2012. It appears all mentions of KupiKey were removed from Just1337's website at the same time they were removed from Steam, though KupiKey itself still appears to still be active on Kinguin. (About | LinkedIn)

CroHack is a Croatian mobile game developer founded by Leon Šebrek. The developer released various games on the Google Play store, including Slash It and Spin Rush. In 2017 they changed their name to CybeRoar, official registering in Croatia as CybeRoar j.d.o.o.. They appear to have disappeared, with their site going down in 2018. (Google Play | CroHack | CybeRoar | Registry Info)

So CroHack and CybeRoar need to be merged. As for Just1337's involvement in CroHack's games, I assume Just1337 is credited for porting the games to the PC.

Freeman (65146) on 3/20/2019 6:30 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks for looking into this. If you have time, would you mind writing brief company overviews, even just with the date and founder?

Another thing, how should the release info for Slash It & Spin Rush be handled? Should we leave Crohack as developer on both games and change Just1337 to Ported by? Also, do you have any idea how Crohack was scraped as developer on Slash It but doesn't show up on the SteamDB page?

firefang9212 (81834) on 3/20/2019 11:33 PM · Permalink · Report

I'll get on with the descriptions (will probably do them tomorrow), though I need someone with the ability to edit company names to properly merged Crohack & CybeRoar together.

I'd say listing Crohack as developer on those two games (as well as on Mr Dubstep, which was also initially released on Google Play prior to the name change), and listing Just1337 as Publisher and Porter makes sense.

As for how the scraper works, I believe it just pulls the companies directly from the store page itself. It's not unusual for companies listed on the store page to not appear on the SteamDB entry, I've seen it happen a number of times (only on games with multiple devs/pubs). No idea why, that would be a question for the guys over at SteamDB.

Freeman (65146) on 3/21/2019 5:23 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Thanks, I'll make the changes to the release info.

I've also merged Cyberoar & Crohack. Do you know when Crohack was established? Was it 2015?

Edit: Looking at the archived page of Cyberoar you posted, it seems that Circle Up was also originally a Crohack game when on the Google Play store.

firefang9212 (81834) on 3/22/2019 11:40 PM · Permalink · Report

Crohack has been active since at least 2014 (source), though it is possible that it could be earlier. I'd say just put 2014 for now, and it can be changed to an earlier date later if necessary.

Plok (220800) on 3/23/2019 11:57 PM · Permalink · Report

Guess I'm late for this discussion. Anything need translating from a native Croat?

firefang9212 (81834) on 3/24/2019 12:10 AM · Permalink · Report

Nah, everything appears to be in order. Though if you are able to find any additional information that would still be greatly appreciated.

Plok (220800) on 3/24/2019 1:28 AM · Permalink · Report

Sadly for the database but luckily for my sanity, no. I have an allergy for key resellers :P