Forums > Game Forums > Adventure Hall of Fame > Shouldn't this be a new game entry instead?

formercontrib (157508) on 9/24/2010 11:39 AM · Permalink · Report

French version of the compilation DOES NOT include Broken Mirror 2, comes with 5 games instead of 6 only...??

http://www.mobygames.com/game/adventure-hall-of-fame/cover-art/gameCoverId,197494/

vedder (70888) on 9/24/2010 11:50 AM · Permalink · Report

I submitted a description revision when I approved those covers.

formercontrib (157508) on 9/24/2010 11:57 AM · Permalink · Report

Should work here, because of the lucky aspect, that Broken Sword 1 and 2 both done by Revolution, and the genres also remain the same, so the fixed description should work for this one :)

vedder (70888) on 9/24/2010 12:30 PM · Permalink · Report

Cantillon just approved it.

Patrick Bregger (301304) on 9/24/2010 2:00 PM · Permalink · Report

I guess I'll split is sometime when I am in the mood. Retail compilations which include different games should never be in one entry.

formercontrib (157508) on 9/24/2010 6:13 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Patrick Bregger wrote--]I guess I'll split is sometime when I am in the mood. Retail compilations which include different games should never be in one entry. [/Q --end Patrick Bregger wrote--]

Here there are no "different" titles in-/excluded, it's only Broken Sword Part 2, that is missing in the French compilation, it has the same Developer, and the same Genres like Broken Sword included in both variants. So in such cases, there is no really need to separate them as new game entries. There's no "critical info" involved, that makes the existing entry incorrect/wrong. We have this several times for such cases on file, Paul submitted the description revision, no need to do more imo.

vedder (70888) on 9/25/2010 10:32 AM · Permalink · Report

I don't particularly care either way. The reason I approved those covers is that I've seen similar cases before (although I can't seem to find examples now) of compilations with the same name having slighly different content depending on the country or sometimes platform and still be the same entry.