🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Roberta Williams' King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride > Bugs - the game freezes at an unmentioned point

Nowhere Girl (8680) on 2/18/2017 7:24 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I have already tried downloading the patches from Sierra Help (if I'm doing it right - I just need to unpack them into the game's folder, yes?), but on my computer the game locks up at yet another point, not mentioned there. When I get past level 1, Valanice sees a great lizard in the tunnel... and the game just freezes. The scene remains still and the cursor turns into a crown. I can move the cursor and exit the game the brutal way by closing the window, but it's all I can do. Any help? I'd prefer not to use a slowdown because I don't know how. D-Fend Reloaded allows slowing down games and it is usually enough instead of a slowdown program, but so far slowing down the game to 20% didn't help.

Nowhere Girl (8680) on 2/19/2017 8:51 PM · Permalink · Report

I started playing again from the beginning of level 2 and completed it, but now I'm at the start of level 3 without the prickly pear (even though I found it when really playing level 1). Can I go back? What should I do to get rid of the bug? Please help.

Freeman (65099) on 2/19/2017 9:31 PM · Permalink · Report

Do you mean that you found the item in Ch. 1 but when you got to chapter 3 the item was missing from your inventory? If that's what happened to you (and you have no earlier saves) then you might need to start over as a quick googling didn't turn up any results on this bug.

Nowhere Girl (8680) on 2/19/2017 10:20 PM · Permalink · Report

I didn't normally complete chapter 1 because the game froze, so I had to move to chapter 2 by starting a new game from that point. So this aspect is not really a bug. Anyway, I don't know how to move on because I don't have an item I need.

Nowhere Girl (8680) on 2/19/2017 11:49 PM · Permalink · Report

OK, problem seems to be solved. I'm now playing version 2.0. I hope I don't run into any new bugs...