🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne > Timeless...

Donatello (466) on 12/12/2011 6:28 PM · Permalink · Report

Decided to pop this monster up again on a Hard difficulty and despite being only a few hours in, I've been reawakened to the beauty of this game. Fluid combat, gorgeously dream-like aesthetics and a gripping story, while minimal, exceptionally engaging. Oh, and one of my favourite soundtracks as well. My favorite game of all-time? Probably.

When will we see a new iteration of the main series on a home console, we will never know. But seeing how Atlus has mostly turned to Persona for its guaranteed sales (Persona 5 next in the pipeline), maybe only in a very distant future. I wouldn't blame them of course, after Catherine, despite selling very well, they have to go for a surefire release.

But I just hope they can develop a decent main engine so that they could start making various games on the same template (such as the fantastic Digital Devil Saga games that were easy to develop due to the game engine of Nocturne).

:)

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 12/13/2011 9:01 AM · Permalink · Report

Amen to that. Unfortunately, I pretty much stopped following their work after Digital Devil Saga. I didn't like Persona 3 and I think developing RPGs with stone-age combat system should be considered illegal now :)

Donatello (466) on 12/13/2011 12:23 PM · Permalink · Report

Well, I dare to say that as far as RPGs go, the Press Turn System is the most efficient and fun battle system out there.