🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Pathologic > Random crashes

Shazbut (163) on 9/4/2008 5:11 PM · Permalink · Report

I recently bought Pathologic as a digital download. Every now and then, while I'm playing, the game will freeze, and the only way out is to restart the computer. I've heard that Pathologic is unstable though and prone to randomly crashing. Is that the nature of the crashes? Has anyone managed to do anything about it? I must have restarted at least ten times so far, and there doesn't seem to be a patch available.

It's a shame, as this game seems to be quite special

xroox (3895) on 9/4/2008 7:07 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I didn't experience this.

You should join the official forum and post about it there. The guys from Ice-Pick Lodge are always very helpful and quick to respond, and may be able to diagnose the problem:
http://forum.ice-pick.com

Shazbut (163) on 9/4/2008 11:55 PM · Permalink · Report

Ah. I think I've just discovered it's a problem with my graphics card as I just tried out a graphics tech demo, to see if the same thing would happen, and it did. Well, that's faintly reassuring, because at least I know the game isn't at fault, but I still have a problem.

I'll work on it.

xroox (3895) on 9/5/2008 10:22 AM · Permalink · Report

Good to hear - Hope you get it sorted out :)

Shazbut (163) on 9/6/2008 3:36 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Think it's just overheating. I can control that :)

Now to leave this damned city! I'm on Day 2 of the Bachelor's path. I expect the escape plan won't work somehow, but I'm interested to see how it won't.

By the way Sam, did you know I'm playing this game because of you? I looked at your profile a few days ago and saw that you rated Looking Glass and Quantic Dream as a couple of your favourite companies, so I figured we had similar tastes. I'd heard of Pathologic but it's low-key release over here caused me not to pay too much attention, although I did tend to pick the box off the shelves when I saw it in stores.

xroox (3895) on 9/6/2008 5:23 PM · Permalink · Report

Cool! Well, I'm really glad you're enjoying it so far. Good luck with the escape plan :D