Forums > Game Forums > Sorcerian: Shichisei Mahō no Shito > English title

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (98928) on 9/13/2012 7:31 AM · Permalink · Report

Where did the English main title for this game come from? The game was only released in Japan, and it's not on any package I've seen.

Sciere (930972) on 9/13/2012 10:51 AM · Permalink · Report

No source provided

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (98928) on 9/13/2012 4:33 PM · Permalink · Report

Then chances are it's an unofficially-translated title, in which case the main title should be the Japanese title.

Sciere (930972) on 9/13/2012 4:44 PM · Permalink · Report

done

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (98928) on 9/13/2012 5:16 PM · Permalink · Report

Thank you, good sir! :)

Lain Crowley (6629) on 9/13/2012 5:26 PM · Permalink · Report

I don't know about the DC, but every JP Saturn game has an official english translation or transliteration on the jewlcase spine. I've only found images of the spine card, though, and the spine card is always written in kana.

Game Guesser (28) on 9/15/2012 11:26 AM · Permalink · Report

There is technically an officially condoned translation of the subtitle which can be found on Falcom's own site.

Right here.

Unfortunately, as you can see, it's hard to tell exactly how much we should rely on that translation. Some of the English Falcom pages come across as machine translated, but then there's something like this under the Brandish (Taiwanese DOS port) description:

Unfortunately because of the costume of one of main characters, Dela, is slightly revealing, her picture can't be used as main illustration in Korea, but this seems to be no problem in Taiwan.

Even if that was machine translated, someone with a certain amount of English likely had to clean it up at some point. There's also stuff like this:

An RPG with full mouse operations, "Brandish" which has kept the Japanese computer users excited is finally released in Korea! This game has coined popular words like "mouse-sabaki"(meaning skillful mouse operation). Can Dela, as a joke-entertainer really excite people of Korea? At any rate, the sales of mice in Korea will skyrocket because this game, no brag, just fact.

(okay, I have Brandish on my mind)

So I'll leave it to your discretion whether to include the Sorcerian translation.