🕹ī¸ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Burnout: Dominator > Crappy manual?

coenak (3627) on 8/28/2008 1:53 PM · Permalink · Report

I buy some of my games at a wholesale store that sell overstocked items and games at a pretty decent price. Well, I picked up a copy of a US release Burnout Dominator yesterday for the PS2 and it came with this crappy, black and white, 9-page manual. — No credits, no photos of gameplay... it just seems pretty cheap to me for a Burnout game.

The games are all brand new at this store, I was just wondering if there was a better manual out there that came with this game or if this wholesale place I am getting my games from are somehow getting a cheaper release or something.

Anyone have this same manual or a better one?

Thanks guys.

Foxhack (32100) on 8/28/2008 11:17 PM · Permalink · Report

I have several PS2 games that came with crappy manuals. Seems to me that a lot of companies are focusing less on the manual, instead teaching you about the game while you play it (or with training modes).

coenak (3627) on 8/28/2008 11:30 PM · Permalink · Report

You might have a good point here. There is a little instructional video in this game that they make you watch at the beginning that explains what to do.

Foxhack (32100) on 8/29/2008 12:14 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start coenak wrote--]You might have a good point here. There is a little instructional video in this game that they make you watch at the beginning that explains what to do. [/Q --end coenak wrote--]And don't get me started with Valve's PC games... When I bought Orange Box on my PC, all I got was a stupid leaflet. The games taught me how to play them.

Manuals are becoming obsolete! :(

xroox (3895) on 8/29/2008 1:42 AM · Permalink · Report

The thing that pisses me off is when companies can't even be bothered to give you a PDF manual. That's just unbelievable!

I bought the 'Sierra Classics' edition of Chronicles Of Riddick recently. All it had was a booklet with the keys listed on the first page, then six pages of legal garbage. And no PDF manual on the disc - meaning I had to download the only one I could find on the net - which happened to be the Xbox version.

But much worse than that... The Command & Conquer First Decade pack. Sure, you get a printed booklet that lists all the units for each game, but that's it. No PDFs included, except for the first game!

Xoleras (66141) on 8/29/2008 10:06 AM · Permalink · Report

What I really liked were DOS budget releases which had the manual on the CD.

Just imaging:

You run the game in a real DOS environment (as it was intended), not in DOSBox. You start gaming and suddenly "enter the second word at page 6, line 2 in the manual". WTF?? How am I supposed to do this in a non-multitasking-environment???

(This were the times were a CD wasn't needed for the game, but for storing the manual - as they were just scanned. :-))

Somebody bring me Sisko! (8) on 8/29/2008 10:49 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Oliver Jahn wrote--]What I really liked were DOS budget releases which had the manual on the CD.

Just imaging:

You run the game in a real DOS environment (as it was intended), not in DOSBox. You start gaming and suddenly "enter the second word at page 6, line 2 in the manual". WTF?? How am I supposed to do this in a non-multitasking-environment???

(This were the times were a CD wasn't needed for the game, but for storing the manual - as they were just scanned. :-)) [/Q --end Oliver Jahn wrote--]Why do you embarass us Saxons in front of the world with such comments?