🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Grand Theft Auto IV > Go PC!

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 6/16/2009 11:22 AM · Permalink · Report

Well, first of all, GTA IV is so far absolutely amazing. I haven't been so excited about a game for a long while.

...well, actually it's not true, since I replayed "Planescape: Torment" only a month ago, but still.

I'd like to state that GTA IV runs like a dream on my PC. Fast, smooth, good-looking, absolutely no bugs or crashes so far.

I've got a 8800 graphics card which is not even the recommended requirement. Maybe those are the 4 gigs of RAM that do the trick?

Anyway, if anybody out there is still planning to buy Xbox360 or PS3 only for this game for fear that the PC version is inferior, I'd advise against it. It's needless to say that a game that contains so much shooting gameplay is much more enjoyable with a mouse.

After hearing everyone trash the PC version I'd just like to put my 2 cents as a counterweight.

xroox (3895) on 6/16/2009 11:39 AM · Permalink · Report

That is strange, after all the complaints I heard on its release. Have Rockstar released some serious patches since then? Or maybe you're just one of the lucky ones? ;)

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 6/16/2009 11:55 AM · Permalink · Report

I haven't even applied a patch, played version 1.0.0.0. It runs like a dream on a computer I bought almost two years ago.

Oh, but naturally, I'm talking about the pirated version. Maybe the original runs slower for whatever reason. But there is no way in hell I'll agree to buy a game that requires internet connection. After 20 years, when there will possibly be no means to connect my current PC to the internet, I still want to be able to play my games on it.

Indra was here (20755) on 7/7/2009 12:16 AM · Permalink · Report

The words Oleg and exited shouldn't exist in the same sentence, either. :)