🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Black & White > Naming your Villagers from your email program

And Wan on 3/2/2009 12:17 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I was briefly reading the FAQ at http://www.planetblackandwhite.com/blackandwhite/techsupport/srblackandwhite.htm#villagers_named when I came across this:

I. Why do some of my villagers have names and some don't?

Black & White assigns the names of Lionhead staff to a small number of villagers during gameplay, (Peter Molyneux is in there somewhere), and these villagers maintain these names throughout their life times. If you wish to have more of your villagers named, please see the Black & White README file to activate the Villagers E-mail feature.

Cool! However it states in the README file:

This feature is only operational in the single player game and also you need to have done the following:

1. You have registered at www.bwgame.com site

2. You have gone into the Online Game - Find Games on the internet and entered your username and password at least once.

Crap! B&W Online doesn't work anymore... but there's gotta be a way to get around this... possibly a registry setting. Has anyone previously played an online game before (via the Online Game option)? Please please can you export your Lionhead registry keys so we can find out the difference and the exact settings required to enable Villager Naming.

<hr />

The built-in names you see when you press the N key are:

Adam Parfery

Alex J Forrest-Hay

Christian Bravery

Claire Hedley

Effie Mavrikakis

Jean-Claude Cottier

Josie Meredith

Sam Webley

Thomas Barnet-Lamb

Maybe someone can hex hack to locate the file that stores these... then we can add our own names in, etc.

Havoc Crow (29861) on 3/2/2009 5:07 PM · Permalink · Report

Please re-format your post to make it more comprehensible.