Forums > Game Forums > KO Seiki Beast Sanjūshi: Gaia no Fukkatsu > Matrix

Kabushi (261270) on 10/16/2014 7:19 PM · Permalink · Report

Matrix Software is supposed to have been founded in 1994.

Is the dev of this a different company called Matrix?

Cavalary (11445) on 10/16/2014 8:13 PM · Permalink · Report

Possibly (vs. this).

Game Guesser (28) on 10/17/2014 3:09 PM · Permalink · Report

I did a little big of digging, and while I didn't turn up anything definitive, I found a bit more than I expected. Based on the manuals for Solfleet (ソルフリート 太陽系連邦興隆記, late '93) and LIKE (early '94), it seems that this MATRIX (マトリクス) shared the same address/phone number/possibly even office as a more prolific h-game "software house" known as Ange (アンジェ). While I'm not sure how much of a developer Ange was (LIKE credits development to a "TEAM PAS" I haven't tried tracking down yet), I'm going to tentatively put forward the theory that MATRIX was the label under which Ange released 'legitimate' games, either by themselves or someone else. If that were true, it might be that they stopped using it due to the appearance of Matrix Software, or perhaps they wanted to focus on eroge, or something.... whatever happened, Ange as a company definitely seems to have outlived whatever Matrix was.

I don't have any proof for any of this yet, but I'll scrounge up what I can. I haven't thoroughly explored the archive.org remnants of Ange's website, and I'll post the staff credits page from the Solfleet manual if someone feels like transcribing/translating it. We probably won't reach any useful conclusions until staff rolls from multiple games are found, though, so I suppose I should start digging on Youtube and nico....

Kabushi (261270) on 10/18/2014 6:02 PM · Permalink · Report

Great! I'll add a new company for it.

Sciere (930912) on 10/18/2014 11:36 PM · Permalink · Report

That's quality digging.