🤔 What game had the working title "Quiver"? (answer)

Forums > Game Forums > Take the A-Train IV > Great entry

Geamandura (2326) on 3/26/2010 1:41 PM · Permalink · Report

Lynx thanks for submitting this. I'm mad about Transport Tycoon-ish games too and I was always curious about this A-Train series but my Japanese is lacking :) (it's somewhere.... over the rainbow). This looks brilliant. I see it has variable height for terrain tiles and suspended tracks... looks technical. Nice!

Unicorn Lynx (181769) on 3/26/2010 4:12 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks :) The very first A-Train is still lacking - it was released for PC-88, a platform which we don't support, and which we can't even call DOS to cheat ourselves, like we do with PC-98 :)

Geamandura (2326) on 3/26/2010 7:57 PM · Permalink · Report

Alright, I don't even know what that is ^_^

xroox (3895) on 3/26/2010 9:19 PM · Permalink · Report

I wish someone'd do a fan translation of this game. I loved A-Train III, and these screenshots are cute as hell.

Btw, Oleg, I love this caption ;)

Trypticon (11021) on 3/27/2010 4:56 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

This entry surprised me, I thought the game was pretty much identical to A 4 networks, I guess that one is something of a special edition or are there major differences in gameplay?

Unicorn Lynx (181769) on 3/28/2010 12:01 PM · Permalink · Report

I guess that one is something of a special edition or are there major differences in gameplay?

As far as I know, A4 Networks has different scenarios, as well as side-views and 3D views for trains or something like that. But yes, I suppose we could consider A4 Networks a kind of an add-on to A-Train 4. The gameplay is pretty much the same.

Then again, the gameplay in A-Train 4 is nearly the same as in A-Train 3, except it has buses.

Trypticon (11021) on 3/28/2010 12:35 PM · Permalink · Report

Ah, thanks.

Trypticon (11021) on 3/27/2010 5:02 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Unicorn Lynx wrote--]Thanks :) The very first A-Train is still lacking - it was released for PC-88, a platform which we don't support, and which we can't even call DOS to cheat ourselves, like we do with PC-98 :) [/Q --end Unicorn Lynx wrote--]

The first was released on PC-98 as well, and of course the usual 8-bit suspects (including MSX 2). There are also Genesis and Famicom ports, but I'm not sure what they're based on (1 or 2).

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (98928) on 3/28/2010 9:24 PM · Permalink · Report

We have the Genesis version on file already. From what I understand, it takes bits from both the first and second games.