Forums > Game Forums > Computer Diplomacy > Corrections

twitek (13973) on 1/6/2022 9:47 AM · Permalink · Report

Hi, it looks like i messed up this game entry and also https://www.mobygames.com/game/leisure-genius-presents-computer-diplomacy

Originally this game entry was meant for the commercial release from Virgin. Instead i added screenshots for the Amiga homebrew by Steve Douthat.

And the screenshots for commercial release by Virgin, i added to the other game entry, which was supposed to be only for the C64 and DOS release.

We could either fix both entries with these four corrections i posted, or start from scratch?!

To fix them, i had these four corrections:

Correction1: There was no review in CGW in Sep, 1992, nor in Sep, 1993. Even if there was in another issue, it would have been for a different game published by Virgin in 1992 and developed by Leisure Games. by Patrick Bregger: page 123 Comment by twitek: You're right, there's a little tidbit about Computer Diplomacy by Avalon Hill, Ron Sutherland. But this game is Computer Diplomacy by Steve Douthat. It's a homebrew only for the Amiga

Correction2: The game is called "Diplomacy", not "Computer Diplomacy" in-game as well as in the manuals of rev 1 and rev 2. Since this is a shareware program, there is no box art. See screenshots documentation of rev 2: memphisamigagroup.net/diskmags/199202-03/Diplomacy/diplomacy.doc

Correction3: There was no Atari ST version of the game from Steve Douthat. https://temlib.org/AtariForumWiki/index.php/List_of_Commodore_Amiga_games_that_are_not_at_Atari_ST

Correction4: There is no mention of being developed by Microcomputer Games, Inc. It actually says in the documentation.doc file of the 1.0 version: Diplomacy for the Amiga is Copyright (c) 1989 Steven Douthat I just found the 2.0 version here: http://memphisamigagroup.net/diskmags/199202-03/Diplomacy/ Diplomacy for the Amiga Version 2.0 Copyright (c) 1991 by Steve Douthat Documentation.doc says: It is being distributed as shareware and may be copied and distributed freely So it's distributed and developed by Steve Douthat. No Avalon Hill and no Microcomputer Games involved.

Rejected by Alaka: You are going to have to make a forum post outlining the issue between these games. At this point its too complex to fix piecemeal by corrections.

Alaka (106522) on 1/6/2022 5:56 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I added an new game entry for the Steve Douthat homebrew.

1. Now the CGW review mentions a Computer Diplomacy game by Ron Sutherland 1984/92. The review states the Amiga and ST version are revamps (ie remakes) while the IBM version is outdated and untouched though sold in the same box. So I assume Ron Sutherland is only name checked in this instance for the 1984 game. I think the CGW reviews are correct where they are located. Our 1984 DOS credits are incomplete and really need Ron Sutherland name added to them. Also, the DOS 84 would need a 92 rerelease info added I would think.

2/3/4 Fixed with the new game entry.

I also moved over the screenshots to match the Gareth Briggs credits.