🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Metal Head > Short but fun and replayable, 32X utilized for speech e.g. mission briefing, weapon dealer and the enemy boss.

Andrew Fisher (697) on 11/15/2023 9:31 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Pretty crude polygon graphics, but I like the basic format, six stages, each with 2-3 missions, a briefing at the start of each and visit the weapon dealer at the end of each stage for upgrades. Your radar gets weaker as you suffer more damage making it harder to find the enemy robots before time runs out, some missions you can complete by destroying the lead robot, there's also a couple of scouting missions e.g. photograph the entrance to the enemy hideout then lead a gunship to it. Funny, in the second to last mission you rescue the president from enemy HQ, but the mission simply ends when you get to an empty room. No time or space left to have an audio and pic of a guy saying "Thank you for rescuing me!"? The final boss is a robot of course, but he's given a photo-face and an audio boasting that he and his army will win in the end. There's not much story or depth, but I think the game is exciting and replayable.