Forums > Game Forums > Ecstatica II > Dosbox bug?

Micro Net (1) on 1/9/2011 9:35 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Decided to try out this game but have reached a dead end, which appears more like a glitch unless I'm doing something wrong gameplay-wise. If anyone has also played it through dosbox, help would be much appreciated.

Basically, I have set the priestess free, completed the "attic" stage [grabbed the silver sword ect], and then returned to the main courtyard and tried opening the main hall door [opposite the well]. Unfortunately, it appears to be locked, even though I gave it a good kick/punch. All the walkthroughs have indicated that it should open, but it remains firmly sealed regardless of what I do. This appears to impede all progress as the main hall complex necessitates completion before other areas of the game could be unlocked. So, if anyone has experience with this game under dosbox, have I missed something or this some sort of bug - I am thinking in the manner of Requiem Avenging Angel where there are game-blocking areas if run on xp. Thanks.

lilalurl (733) on 1/10/2011 11:32 AM · Permalink · Report

Can't help you (never could get into Ecstatica II despite liking the first one), but the best place to ask, if there is indeed a bug, would be: http://vogons.zetafleet.com/index.php?c=7

If there is a a playthrough available on Youtube, try and take a look at it to see if it confirms that things should work as detailed in the walkthroughs you refer to. And then post accordingly.