🕹ī¸ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Bounty Board > N-Gage games - about 20 missing?

Simon Carless (1834) on 3/27/2016 5:41 PM · Permalink · Report

Hey folks,

I see we have 35 Nokia N-Gage games - http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/ngage/ - which ain't bad!

But looks like there are almost 60 in total, including games like an N-Gage exclusive version of Catan (!), Call Of Duty, Requiem Of Hell (N-Gage exclusive RPG), etc...

Who is brave enough to try to get us up to date on these, heh?

Terok Nor (42009) on 3/28/2016 9:14 AM · Permalink · Report

Yeah, N-Gage is difficult. The games are widely available, but there are no emulators. I actually got myself a QD a while back, but couldn't get anything to work on it unfortunately. Not a lot on Youtube either, so the only good sources are probably reviews.

Charly2.0 (285575) on 3/28/2016 8:28 PM · Permalink · Report

interesting, I can contribute covers of at least 7 N-Gage games as soon as they've been added - incl. Catan, CoD and Requiem of Hell

Virgil (8563) on 4/1/2016 8:31 AM · Permalink · Report

I have N-Gage, but I'm not sure how to capture screenshots with it. There's a built-in tool, but it refused to work in some games I tried.

Simon Carless (1834) on 4/1/2016 3:27 PM · Permalink · Report

There's no known emulator, and so if screenshots don't work with built-in tool, we have no way of adding user screenshots.

At some point in the future (not known when!) we will accept 'official' screenshots as a backup, so that's probably going to be the time when we can finally add screenshots for a lot of these.

In the short-term, just getting game info (and covers if available) is fine tho...

Terok Nor (42009) on 4/1/2016 5:21 PM · Permalink · Report

We do have screenshots for some games. I wonder where they're from, maybe from some kind of development system?

Kabushi (261206) on 4/1/2016 5:47 PM · Permalink · Report

There is a built-in screen shot application, described on page 62 of the manual.

Simon Carless (1834) on 4/1/2016 10:47 PM · Permalink · Report

Yep, I think the original poster was saying that it didn't work in some of the games (but did work in others.) I think this is also true with some other consoles...

Virgil (8563) on 4/2/2016 12:03 AM · Permalink · Report

That's what I tried – the key combination doesn't respond in some games. I could take some shots from the menu, but not the actual gameplay for some reason. Maybe there are other tools to do the job, since N-Gage is a Symbian-based and there must've been such programs for other phones. I'll keep on trying.

karttu (5511) on 4/17/2016 6:21 PM · Permalink · Report

Hi all,

I've contributed some N-Gage games along with screenshots. Can't really remember if I used the built-in feature or a 3rd party app, but I do recall both approaches. I might take a stab at trying to fill the gaps as I have most of the titles in my collection.

Also, it might not be a completely impossible task to revive a Symbian dev environment. It has an emulator but I doubt it runs N-Gage titles properly.

Terok Nor (42009) on 4/18/2016 6:18 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start karttu wrote--] Also, it might not be a completely impossible task to revive a Symbian dev environment. It has an emulator but I doubt it runs N-Gage titles properly. [/Q --end karttu wrote--]

I tried that, but with no luck.

Virgil (8563) on 4/19/2016 3:48 PM · Permalink · Report

Oh cool, I managed to make screens for several games, but two I had no luck with so far are Tomb Raider and Bomberman. Also, do you know if there is a way to save snapshots to the memory card? Phone memory is only 3 Mb and always nearly full because of the game data.

partykiller (205) on 5/17/2016 12:48 PM · Permalink · Report

I might have some of the missing games in my own collection. I own copies of Catan, Rifts: Promise of Power, System Rush, The Roots - Gates of Chaos, Warhammer 40000: Glory in Death, X-Men Legends II Rise of the Apocalypse. To my best of knowledge "Barakel - The Fallen Angel" was only released in Spain, maybe as a pre-installed version. I also think "Payload" was slated for a release on April 1st (no April fool's joke), 2006, but never had a retail release. And I am not sure whether or not it was ever released later for the N-Gage service. So you have 46 games listed, maybe I can contribute the six aforementioned games, but I must admit I suck at contributing screenshots, so I will probably just provide the other game data.