🕹ī¸ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Bugs > Game Description Revision

FatherJack (61785) on 5/15/2015 9:22 AM · Permalink · Report

When I go to look at the revisions for game descriptions that are 21+ Days I get this error message

Server Error

The page you are trying to view is experiencing technical difficulties. An error report has automatically been generated and sent to the support staff. The problem will be looked into shortly. It is highly likely that this problem is isolated and not effecting the rest of the site, so please don't go away. Thanks for your understanding.

Apologies if this has been reported before.

Indra was here (20755) on 5/21/2015 5:27 PM · Permalink · Report

Check again in a few weeks, see if the error message still shows up. That server error tends to pop up in any area but usually goes away sooner or later.

Alaka (106111) on 5/21/2015 6:07 PM · Permalink · Report

This error has been around for more than a year. Here's one of the trapped revisions from Sept. 2013.

Indra was here (20755) on 5/21/2015 6:14 PM · Permalink · Report

That error was uniquely reported by Oleg. Dunno if it's related to this one. It's in the bug report:

Access Denied

[Added on: June 17, 2014] [Severity: Unique]

[Target User(s): אולג 小åĨĨ (Oleg). No reports from other users]

[Bug Reproducibility: N/A]

[Bug Life: At least six months]

A user has reported inability to revise (presumed own) game description revisions. Any attempt to do so will result in the following message:

'Server Error The page you are trying to view is experiencing technical difficulties. An error report has automatically been generated and sent to the support staff. The problem will be looked into shortly. It is highly likely that this problem is isolated and not effecting the rest of the site, so please don't go away. Thanks for your understanding.'

Alaka (106111) on 5/21/2015 6:35 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Yes I think its related, and that specific revision may be the main culprit in causing this error. I think that was the day the site turned into Mobygames as presented by Gamefly. Probably not a coincidence.

Patrick Bregger (301035) on 5/21/2015 7:20 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm sure this defective revision showed up a few weeks before the redesign.

Alaka (106111) on 5/21/2015 7:38 PM · Permalink · Report

You may be right about that.

If these error revisions are found, can an admin send them back manually or are they just inaccessible no matter what?

Terok Nor (42013) on 5/21/2015 7:57 PM · Permalink · Report

I don't think revisions can be accessed that way, unfortunately.

MAT (240968) on 5/23/2015 2:49 PM · Permalink · Report

There are several different sections with the same problem which basically just keeps submissions trapped there as noone can process them. Any arriving submissions into that area automatically get trapped as well, so the only way to process them is before they read 21 day limit. Hope this gets fixed for all the broken sections as there are too many of them already.