🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > News > Freetar Hero!!

nullnullnull (1463) on 5/19/2006 8:54 PM · Permalink · Report

I am a self admitted Guitar Hero addict. Probably the coolest thing I tried at E3 was GH2. Now was it really that good? Or am I just plain hooked? I dunno. I did find out however that there is a totally free PC based rythm based game prject in the works. The website has a cool demo video and say coming soon. I can't wait.

Trixter (8952) on 5/19/2006 9:01 PM · Permalink · Report

The appeal of Freetar is that you can author a set using any music you like... I like the beatmania/ddr clones for the same reason, since much of the music in the commercial games I can't get into.

Any photos of video of you and Brian playing GH2? :-)

Sciere (930490) on 5/19/2006 9:48 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Guitar Hero is extremely addictive, but I only like to play about 15% of all songs. They used lots of those noisy nineties classical (glamour) hard rock songs, which are extremely boring, I can barely stand listening to them. They initially promised to released different sequels based on genres. Let's hope they stick to it and release Indie and Post-rock versions soon.

Indra was here (20755) on 5/21/2006 2:46 PM · Permalink · Report

Didn't enjoy GH as much. Way preferred Pappa the Rappa (if I got the name right). GH needs to adapt more "Grand Turismo" features of character (vehicle) development. Or in this case, intrumental or skill development. Not just playing songs...