Forums > MobyGames > Unhelpful Approver

RIP MobyGames (179) on 5/24/2013 8:57 AM · Permalink · Report

100% is the name of the game on here and I appriciate that. With all these modern games then there is no excuse and I'm sure approvers and contributors work together.

With older games like the C64, Amstrad or ZX Spectrum then you can imagine info is harder to come by and you have to rely on a handful of sites for this or actually own the game.

What I don't appreciate is asking for an opinion with an approver and getting the response 'Thats for you to find out'. Two sites had different publishers and the cassette cover showed both. Naturally I can only ask.

Thanks 'erav' for that response. If you didn't know just say and we could of worked together to try to get the answer. I was looking forward to contributing on here but seems that if your contributing you must know everything about the game or don't bother because as an approver I can't be bothered to help you when you ask.

Cheers and goodbye guys.

CrankyStorming (2927) on 5/24/2013 9:26 AM · Permalink · Report

I know how you must feel. I have a release info pending for a game I submitted credits to. The approver looked at the release info sent it back to me asking for a source for the extra companies, even though they must have seen that the game also had credits pending and the game already had extensive company info for an earlier release. This release info is still pending after nearly a month.

Cantillon (77762) on 5/24/2013 10:51 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start CrankyStorming wrote--]even though they must have seen that the game also had credits pending[/Q --end CrankyStorming wrote--] A release info approver cannot see that.

Indra was here (20752) on 5/24/2013 12:27 PM · Permalink · Report

So sensitive these Americans. The Germans and Scandinavians would have made a keg party outta this. :p

Fred VT (25949) on 5/24/2013 12:33 PM · Permalink · Report

There are a few unhelpful approvers, and a lot of rude contributors too. XD The best way to work together, is to post here on the forums about those issues...

Ƒreddƴ (5833) on 5/24/2013 1:17 PM · Permalink · Report

The bro code clearly states

193: A bro must help another bro out if he can not clarify a source

Indra was here (20752) on 5/24/2013 1:44 PM · Permalink · Report

I thought we abide by the dude code here. :p