🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > Release Date for Early Access Titles

Kordanor (14) on 3/2/2018 6:43 PM · Permalink · Report

Heyho,

I sent in a correction for Divinity Original Sin 2 half a year ago (Release was 2017 instead of 2016) and now it was rejected as it already entered Early Access in 2016.

But isn't that extremely misleading? This Early Access release basically featured 15-20% of the game.

Also this means that other dates are incorrect as well. Torment Tides of Numenera for example already entered early access in 2016 as well, but is listed as 2017 in moby when the real release happened.

So I am wondering if that's really the right way to handle it. Personally I am not interested in the release date of the first purchaseable beta version. A "Release" is normally interpreted as Release of the full game. So if you search for "Release Divinity Original Sin 2" you will find that everyone and their mother (GoG, Steam, Google, Wikipedia) points out that the release was 2017. Just for Mobygames the release happened in 2016.

Maybe it would be the best option to add in a different field altogether for Early Access or "first purchasable beta" if that Date is really of that importance. It certainly should not "overwrite" the real release in my opinion.

jaXen (261015) on 3/2/2018 6:48 PM · Permalink · Report

Well we are featuring multiple release dates. So the early access release date is correct & also marked by a release comment. So you do not have to contribute a correction (since the date is correct), but an additional release date stating the final Steam release.

Kordanor (14) on 3/2/2018 7:13 PM · Permalink · Report

Ah, I see now that there is actually a "releases" tab.

In that case it's just the "Release" in the general overview which should - in my opinion - show the actual release and not the release of the earliest beta available to public.

Cavalary (11445) on 3/2/2018 8:03 PM · Permalink · Report

That's an issue with how the database works, which lists the year of the earliest release.