🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > What a strange source of credits for Homeworld

Valeran (3186) on 8/23/2018 10:34 PM · Permalink · Report

Hi, I want ask for a source used for Homeworld? I see original credits and from game manual, but they are have completely different structute and even some other dev names (like Wes Eckhart). Do you may give me source of credits?

Plok (214257) on 8/23/2018 10:56 PM · Permalink · Report

If you mean the 1999 RTS Homeworld, there are scans of pages 107 through 109 of the manual submitted as proof. But you are right, what is posted on MobyGames differs even from that info.

MAT (240968) on 8/24/2018 3:37 AM · Permalink · Report

There were three different submissions that updated those credits.

2nd and 3rd had manual scans as source, but the 1st one is when Wes Eckhart was added. However, that submissions had no source and it was done on January 14th, 2000, which is when site still had less than 1000 games or so, less than a year after MobyGames was created, and back then we didn't require source for anything.

In that very first submission, only these credits were added...

Original Concept: David J. Williams
Lead Design: Erin Daly
Design: Adam Bullied, Quinn Duffy
Lead Programming: Luke Moloney
Programming: Jason Dorie, Drew Dunlop, Keith Hentschel, Bryce Pasechnik, Falko Poiker, Gary Shaw, Darren Stone
Music / Sound Programming: Shane Alfreds, Myriam Joire
Lead Artist: Aaron Kambeitz
Graphics / Artwork: Wes Eckhart, Andy Lang, Kelly O'Hara, Erin Olorenshaw, Arthur Shimizu, David T. Cheong
Sound: Paul Ruskay, Roger Savoie
Art Director: Rob Cunningham
Documentation: Rob Cunningham, Thomas Graham, Aaron Kambeitz
Executive Producer: Ron Moravek
Producer: Curtis Terry
Director: Alex Garden
Writing / Dialogue / Story: Martin Cirulis
Acting / Voiceovers: Brian Arnold, Heidi Ernest, Ian James Corlett, Campbell Lane, Tina Savoie, David Sobolov, Michael Sunczyk, Jason Wingham, Lucas Wolf
Undetermined: Frank Roberts
Special Thanks: Vangelis

Not sure the source of those credits, since one of the job titles is called "Undetermined". Not sure how valid are they. Do you know if any of these are incorrect? Best way would be to compare it to in-game credits which are probably much more complete.

Foxhack (32100) on 8/24/2018 4:16 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start MAT wrote--]Not sure the source of those credits, since one of the job titles is called "Undetermined". Not sure how valid are they. Do you know if any of these are incorrect? Best way would be to compare it to in-game credits which are probably much more complete. [/Q --end MAT wrote--]Hmm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJkoBNOPvjU

A lot of the names in that list do not match up with the game credits.

MAT (240968) on 8/24/2018 6:54 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I doubt we can ask user for clarification of that 18 year old submission, but it all points that the source is unreliable or incorrect. Should I reject that first submission of credits?

I could just edit the credits submission and delete specific names that are incorrect and leave those that are correct? Which would be a better solution?

vedder (70822) on 8/24/2018 7:39 AM · Permalink · Report

Editing is probably better. Not sure what happens with subsequent submissions if you reject the original?

Valeran (3186) on 8/24/2018 9:14 AM · Permalink · Report

I will update them completely, if they are incorrect.

MAT (240968) on 8/24/2018 9:20 AM · Permalink · Report

That's also a way to go if there are things to add, and not just delete. If there are only things to delete from that first submission (you have the list of it in earlier post in this thread), all you need is point to names which needs to be deleted and approvers can do that more quickly.

Valeran (3186) on 8/24/2018 9:14 PM · Permalink · Report

Complete rework credits.

MAT (240968) on 8/25/2018 1:23 AM · Permalink · Report

Sure, you can go through them. Those that indeed are incorrect you can mark to be deleted, but don't delete those that are correct, just reorder them to fit with full new credits you enter.