🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Talk > Anyone here own The 11th Hour (PC, DOS)? Need help

Foxhack (32100) on 12/25/2006 8:38 PM · Permalink · Report

A few years back, I bought The 11th Hour at the flea market. I normally make backup copies of my games to play on my system later, but disc four could not be ripped for some reason. And so, the game went into storage for a few years.

Three weeks ago I stumbled upon another copy of the game, and I bought it, intending to replace the CDs on my old package, but I noticed they were different. Asides from some slightly darker inks being used in the new package, I noticed that the CDs had different things written on the inner rings. You know how some companies write down their version numbers or company names there, right?

Well, the new version I got had the standard barcodes and such... but when I checked my older set, I noticed the discs had "11THHOURBETA" printed on the edge.

So. Um. I'm rather freaked out by the possibility that I own a BETA VERSION OF A GAME WHAT THE HELL?! Can anyone check their versions of the game? I have the original version which had all four CDs in a little book holder thing, not the later editions which had the game CDs on sleeves.

Servo (57070) on 12/26/2006 7:39 PM · Permalink · Report

I have an original release in the book holder also, I don't see "11th hour beta" printed anywhere on the disc...

My discs look like this.

Foxhack (32100) on 12/26/2006 9:10 PM · Permalink · Report

... Then do I have a beta game? How the hell did I stumble upon this, then?

Servo (57070) on 12/27/2006 4:26 PM · Permalink · Report

No idea, I've never seen one like that.