🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Talk > Need video capture card help

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 2/5/2007 1:30 PM · Permalink · Report

Hey guys,

I want to buy a video capture card (to be able to connect consoles to PC and capture screenshots). I'm not sure which one to choose. A search "video capture card" on eBay shows too much stuff, for very different prices, and since I don't understand in those things, I don't know where to start. I'm not even sure the expression "video capture card" is correct.

I'll be satisfied with the cheapest card, as long as it allows to capture shots. In fact, I don't think I can afford anything more expensive than 30-40 bucks...

nullnullnull (1463) on 2/5/2007 3:11 PM · Permalink · Report

servo is the man at captures. PM him.

D Michael (222) on 2/6/2007 5:58 AM · Permalink · Report

I have an older ATI TV Wonder VE card that has a composite in that should work just fine for that. It advertises capturing video and stills. No software but you can download it from ATI's site.

You can have it for free, but must pay shipping of course.

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 2/6/2007 7:15 AM · Permalink · Report

Thanks, but meanwhile I already got one... some Chinese guy is going to give me one. Let's first see how it works, if at all :)

If I still need a card afterwards, I'll let you know, thanks a lot for the offer :)

D Michael (222) on 2/6/2007 6:39 PM · Permalink · Report

Not a problem.

You should be good for the capturing. Even the most humble of TV cards will perform screen captures. But if it doesn't work, let me know.