Crystal Key 2 is a science-fiction fantasy adventure game. It begins in the world of Evany, the earth like planet which was saved from destruction by your father when he defeated Ozgar, a Balial marauder, in The Crystal Key. Now, a generation later, you play Call, who learns that Ozgar's followers are still in existence and following an evil plot that Ozgar set in motion before his death.
Played in "point-and-click fashion", explore numerous distinct atmospheric locations including:
- Evany, the Earth-like planet you saved in the first game
- Geshon, a world covered with pools and hot springs
- Balial's Prisons with cell complexes built into hollowed-out volcanoes
- An ancient Spaceport now flooded from the Old War bombings
- Merari, a tropical underwater city with luminescent glass towers
During the course of the game, you will meet and talk with numerous non-player characters. Find clues and resolve situation-type problems and logical puzzles to stop the Balial from completing Ozgar's diabolical plan.
Improvements over the first game include: "Full circle" 3D viewing, a better inventory management system, easier save and load routines and a navigation travel map.