Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)
Immerse yourself in the Horus Heresy the epic origin story
of the Warhammer 40,000 Universe!
The first shots have been fired in the conflict that will change the future of mankind. Brother Legions of Space Marines taking arms against one another. The noble Ultramarines are betrayed on Calth by the zealous Word Bearers bent on tearing down the Imperium. A dark ritual ignites the system’s star, sending both Legions underground to battle for their honor, their belief, the fate of the Imperium, or just to survive.
The Horus Heresy: Betrayal at Calth is a game of turn-based skirmishes between the genetically altered warriors of the 31st Millennium, The Adeptus Astartes. In the campaign, players control units of Space Marine Legionnaires, guiding them through the underground arcologies of Calth. Fight alongside units of Ultramarines ranging from basic Legionnaires, Veterans, and Sergeants, to elite units of Terminators, and the most venerable Contemptor Dreadnought. Dispatch the foul heretics of the Word Bearers using a mighty arsenal, from the ranged accuracy of Bolters, Plasma Guns, Flamers, and Rocket Launchers, to the close combat might of Chainswords, Power Fists, and Lightning Claws.
The Horus Heresy: Betrayal at Calth also includes several Multiplayer maps allowing players to fight as Ultramarines or Word Bearers in either objective based missions or deathmatch. Bring the full arsenal of your chosen Legion to bear against friends with private matches or against opponents across the world with built in matchmaking. Multiplayer mode is available to both PC and VR players, allowing both formats to play against one another.
- Original Horus Heresy Narrative: Set in the 31st Millennium on the planet of Calth, Magos Ohmnal Sarc commands a unit of Ultramarines. When he discovers corrupted data in the data stream, Sarc is confronted with a faction of aggressive Word Bearers and a devastating plot of corruption within the Imperium that introduces untold threats and schemes against the Emperor. The original story was written by Black Library author Rob Sanders.
- A Living Battlefield: While players decide on their next action or wait on their opponent, the world around them continues to animate and fight.
- Multiplayer Skirmish Mode: Players can choose between the Ultramarines and Word Bearers factions. Units include Legionaries, Veteran Legionaries, Sergeants and a cast of characters armed with everything from bolters to melta guns to assault cannons. More character classes will be added up until the final game release.
- Cross-Platform Multiplayer Matchmaking: Play on either gaming PC, HTC Vive or Oculus Touch. As a turn-based game, PC verses VR provides no gameplay advantages, only differing user experiences of the world.
Play In VR
- VR Mode: The “human-scale” view of Space Marine combat gives the player the feeling of being on the battlefield in a world first VR game set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe.
Coming During Early Access
- Single-Player Campaign: 24 combat scenarios exploring the conflict between two factions of Space Marines, divided into 5 Acts. The story progresses linearly and each level presents unique challenges intertwined with the drama of the narrative.
- More Unit Types: Terminators, Dreadnoughts and new unit abilities.
- Single Player Skirmish verse AI: Skirmish against the AI on multi-player maps.
- More Multiplayer Maps: As each new story act is released new multi-player maps will be released as well.
- Legionaire Customization: Customize your Ultramarines and Word Bearers with armor and equipment swaps.
- Maybe a few surprises!
There are no Windows user screenshots for this game.
There are 10 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- The Horus Heresy: Betrayal at Calth (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.