🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > My Little Pony: Puzzle Party > Canada release

Havoc Crow (29859) on 11/10/2016 10:44 AM · Permalink · Report

Apart from the initial limited 4-country release, and the later worldwide release, this game also had a limited release in Canada sometime in-between. However I haven't been able to find any concrete info as to the exact date, and I honestly don't feel up to the effort of more in-depth research. I'm leaving my findings here for any potential curious gameographers or ambitious detectives.

• This article from July 22, 2016 states that the game has "recently been soft launched onto the Canadian [iOS] App Store" (emphasis mine).
  • This website lists two updates for the Android Google Play release around that date; v1.4.13 (June 20, 2016) and v1.4.21 (July 13, 2016). I'm not sure how accurate or complete this version history is, though.
  • The MLP fansite Equestria Daily had an article about the game published on July 10, 2016. The comment section is interesting, as several comments, all written July 11, claim that the game has already been released in Canada at that point (one comment specifically mentions the "canadian android store"). One comment in particular claims "I had this game like 3 weeks ago..... in canada"; doing a little math, July 11 - 3 weeks = June 20, which curiously fits exactly the v1.4.13 release date. But I don't know if this can be considered solid proof.

Freeman (65099) on 11/16/2016 2:41 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm not sure about the earlier release, but are our worldwide dates of Oct 12 (Android) and Oct 11 (iphone) correct? Going by the Hasbro press release, Oct 13 seems like the official release date (Yahoo Finance, Bloomberg, Business Wire).

Havoc Crow (29859) on 11/17/2016 2:50 PM · Permalink · Report

iOS date source, Android date source (see v1.4.53).