🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Genso Suiko Gaiden: Vol.1 - Harmonia no Kenshi > Why dare there three different Suiko gamegroups?

Lain Crowley (6629) on 2/8/2011 10:29 PM · Permalink · Report

Documentation is one thing but this is absurd.

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 2/9/2011 4:58 AM · Permalink · Report

Why absurd? They are all different.

Shuihuzhuan-inspired games refer to all games inspired by the novel Water Margins, not just Konami's Suikoden.

Suikoden universe refers to all games set in Konami's Suikoden universe.

Suikogaiden series refers to those text adventure spin-offs only.

Lain Crowley (6629) on 2/9/2011 7:23 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start חד-קרן·山猫 wrote--]Shuihuzhuan-inspired games refer to all games inspired by the novel Water Margins, not just Konami's Suikoden.[/q]

I actually wasn't talking about this one. I have no problem with this.

[q]Suikoden universe refers to all games set in Konami's Suikoden universe.[/q]

There's also a Suikoden Series group that excludes Suikogaiden and Teirkries.

[q]Suikogaiden series refers to those text adventure spin-offs only. [/Q --end חד-קרן·山猫 wrote--]

Of which there have only and will only be two of them, and they're still Suikoden games. Should .hack//GU belong to its own gamegroup? Should Halo Reach, Wars, and ODST belong to a Halo Prequels gamegroup?

Indra was here (20755) on 2/11/2011 5:30 PM · Permalink · Report

Judging from the groups, there should only be two game groups: [1] Shuihuzhuan-inspired games and [2] Suikoden series. Well, three actually if you Suiko Gaiden series rename to Gensō Suiko Gaiden series for title clarity.

The relation between universe/series/sub-series has yet to be cleared up here and I'm a bit tired of repeating the question.