🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Sonic CD > Steam version

Lance Boyle (1532) on 1/23/2012 10:52 PM · Permalink · Report

Sega recently released this one (and Sonic 4) on Steam. It's a port of the XBLA/PSN/Mobile version though, not a re-release of the old Windows version (thankfully)

What I was wondering is, on the release date, should whoever that adds the release date to it include something like "(based on the newer versions)", to avoid possible confusion?

Sciere (930490) on 1/23/2012 11:01 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

To resolve it properly, a new game entry should be created for the new Windows version, and the Android/iOS/PS3/XBLA platforms should be moved there as well.

Kabushi (261212) on 1/23/2012 11:09 PM · Permalink · Report

This is not the first case of a game being ported to a platform twice. Previously we have had Ikari Warriors for C64 and Pac-Man for VIC-20 and probably a few others.

Sciere (930490) on 1/23/2012 11:13 PM · Permalink · Report

There was also a recent example I discussed with you with a HD remake (re)-released for a platform, which we split, but I don't remember what it was.

Lance Boyle (1532) on 2/17/2012 2:34 AM · Permalink · Report

I dunno why I'm posting this here, but oh well...

About a week ago or so I submitted an entry for the new version, and it's not approved so far. I'm saying this because a few days after that another user submitted some screens of that new version, and what I was gonna say is that if those could be moved to the new entry (when it's approved, of course) alongside the XBLA, PSN, iOS and Android versions as well, as Sciere suggested.

Sciere (930490) on 2/17/2012 9:25 AM · Permalink · Report

I saw you sent in a new game entry and you did it right, I just haven't encountered it in the queue yet. I'll move over everything from the old one once it's approved.

leilei (343) on 2/17/2012 9:25 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

It still puzzles me why they just didn't call it "Sonic Download"