🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Fallout > Need a head's up.

Indra was here (20755) on 9/16/2008 9:06 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

For some odd reason, I found the Fallout (v1.00 - Windows 95) CD tucked beneth a heapful of stuff in my room. So I'm playing it for the first? (or second) time. Head's up on possible irritating bugs (I've heard some rumors). Already experienced a corrupt save-game bug and one bug that makes my screen go pixel. But so far, nothing serious for me to go suicide bombing, as of yet...

DreinIX (10446) on 9/16/2008 10:46 PM · Permalink · Report

Have you found the !#$%&*^&$$^#%$%$&% ?

Zovni (10504) on 9/20/2008 11:46 PM · Permalink · Report

Patch it RIGHT NOW.

The original release of Fallout has a time-limit built in. Spend too much time exploring the wastes and you lose the game.

St. Martyne (3648) on 9/21/2008 6:29 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Zovni wrote--] The original release of Fallout has a time-limit built in. Spend too much time exploring the wastes and you lose the game. [/Q --end Zovni wrote--]

I actually liked that. It gave game a sense of urgency and clear objective. Once the chip is delivered you feel like a huge boulder came off your shoulders. As for the army of Super Mutants it will take much longer for them to mess up your game.

But I have to agree that punishing player for exploration is not exactly the brightest idea of game design.

On my last replay I didn't find Fallout to be that buggy, actually. Now, Fallout 2 is a different story entirely.