Noah Falstein got his start in the computer game industry in 1980 with a job at Milton Bradley's Advanced Research Division. Since then he has contributed to over 40 games, including several bestselling and critical hits. Among his best known games are the Arcade classic Sinistar from Williams Electronics (1983), PHM Pegasus
from Lucasfilm Games
(1986), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
from Lucasfilm Games (1989), and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
, LucasArts Entertainment (1992).
As one of the first ten employees at Lucasfilm Games (LucasArts), The 3DO Company
, and Dreamworks Interactive
, Falstein has taken a leading role in launching major game companies. He has worked as a programmer, project leader, producer, executive producer, and creative director.
Currently, Falstein runs The Inspiracy, a game design consulting firm established in 1996. The Inspiracy has provided game design and production experience to companies as diverse as Disney Interactive
, Dreamworks Interactive, Totally Games
, Humongous Entertainment
, Sega, Mattel, Intel, and Shell Oil.
In recent years he has been working increasingly in the Serious Games field as a designer and producer on projects that use game techniques and technology for purposes other than entertainment. This work includes medical, corporate, and military simulations and training titles. Falstein is also on the advisory boards for the Serious Games Summit and the Games for Health conference, and since 2002 has been writing the design column in Game Developer Magazine.
- Alan Wake (2012), Remedy Entertainment Ltd.
- Game of Thrones (2012), Index Digital Media, Inc.
- Alan Wake (2010), Microsoft Game Studios
- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition (2010), LucasArts
- The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (2009), LucasArts
- Mata Hari (2008), dtp entertainment AG
- ParaWorld (2006), Deep Silver
- Re-Mission (2006), HopeLab
- Star Wars: Empire at War (2006), LucasArts
- Legend of Kay (2005), JoWooD Productions Software AG
- SpaceStationSim (2005), Vision Videogames, LLC
- Return to Mysterious Island (2004), The Adventure Company
- AquaNox 2: Revelation (2003), JoWooD Productions Software AG
- Neighbors from Hell (2003), JoWooD Productions Software AG
- Chase: Hollywood Stunt Driver (2002), BAM! Entertainment, Inc.
- Hungry Red Planet (2002), Health Media Lab, Inc.
- Masq (2002), AlterAction,Inc.
- Pusher (2002), JoWooD Productions Software AG
- Total Annihilation: Kingdoms - Iron Plague (2000), Atari, Inc.
- Total Annihilation: Kingdoms (1999), Cavedog Entertainment
- Chaos Island: The Lost World - Jurassic Park (1997), DreamWorks Interactive L.L.C.
- The Dig (1995), LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC
- Williams Arcade Classics (1995), Williams Entertainment Inc.
- Corpse Killer (1994), Digital Pictures, Inc.
- Supreme Warrior (1994), Digital Pictures, Inc.
- Empire Deluxe Scenarios (1993), New World Computing, Inc.
- Do 335 Pfeil Tour of Duty (1992), Lucasfilm Games LLC
- He 162 Volksjäger Tour of Duty (1992), LucasArts
- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1992), Lucasfilm Games LLC
- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (1991), Lucasfilm Games LLC
- P-38 Lightning Tour of Duty (1991), LucasArts
- P-80 Shooting Star Tour Of Duty (1991), LucasArts
- Loom (1990), Lucasfilm Games LLC
- The Secret of Monkey Island (1990), Lucasfilm Games LLC
- Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe (1990), Lucasfilm Games LLC
- Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure (1989), Lucasfilm Games LLC
- Pipe Dream (1989), Empire Software, LucasArts
- Their Finest Hour: The Battle of Britain (1989), LucasArts
- Battlehawks 1942 (1988), Lucasfilm Games LLC
- Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1988), Lucasfilm Games LLC
- Habitat (1987), Lucasfilm Games LLC
- Maniac Mansion (1987), Lucasfilm Games LLC
- PHM Pegasus (1987), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Strike Fleet (1987), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Koronis Rift (1985), Activision, Inc.