🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Is Mobygames kid-safe?

Ace of Sevens (4479) on 6/17/2007 5:46 AM · Permalink · Report

I'd like to review this game, but I'm not sure how to do it without using a lot of strong language. Are there any policies against this?

Shoddyan (15004) on 6/18/2007 2:41 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Ace of Sevens wrote--]I'd like to review this game, but I'm not sure how to do it without using a lot of strong language. Are there any policies against this? [/Q --end Ace of Sevens wrote--]

No, not implicitly... but it lowers the quality of the review if all you're going to do is swear about it. I recommend taking a deep breath and try to focus on the different aspects of this game.

And yes, I have played this title and would probably end up agreeing with your "strong languaged" assessment of it :)

chirinea (47495) on 6/18/2007 2:44 AM · Permalink · Report

Heh, when I read "kid-safe", I can't stop thinking about a kid trying to hack the site...

Responsible Pyromaniac on 6/18/2007 9:41 AM · Permalink · Report

WOW! I just played this. I want whoever is responsible for this abomination slaughtered.

BurningStickMan (17916) on 6/18/2007 6:58 PM · Permalink · Report

Well, after seeing this:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/lula-3d/screenshots

I would say dirty words are the least of your concern.

DJP Mom (11333) on 6/18/2007 10:40 PM · Permalink · Report

:-) My thoughts exactly!

Donatello (466) on 6/19/2007 7:27 PM · Permalink · Report

I hope the Angry Video Game Nerd picks it up soon, I'm sure it will be quite foul-mouthed video review! That guy is just hilarious.

Ace of Sevens (4479) on 6/19/2007 7:50 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm not usually a fan, but I loved his coverage of Silver Surfer.

Shoddyan (15004) on 6/22/2007 9:34 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Ace of Sevens wrote--]I'm not usually a fan, but I loved his coverage of Silver Surfer. [/Q --end Ace of Sevens wrote--]

yeah, I must have had that game in my possession for a month or two... and I didn't get anywhere. Looking at the MG entry, I see I contributed all the screenshots... so I assume I cheated :)

NatsFan (68) on 6/19/2007 11:02 PM · Permalink · Report

Replace all of (or most of) your obscene words with currency signs and other miscellaneous things you can type by pressing the shift key and a number. That way you (almost) get your point across (but no one takes you f@$%ing seriously).

Ace of Sevens (4479) on 6/20/2007 5:01 AM · Permalink · Report

Then my title would be "A $#%^ing !@#*%y piece of #&$^!"

Responsible Pyromaniac on 6/20/2007 10:35 AM · Permalink · Report

that about sums up my feelings.

Indra was here (20755) on 6/27/2007 8:18 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Ace of Sevens wrote--]Then my title would be "A $#%^ing !@#*%y piece of #&$^!" [/Q --end Ace of Sevens wrote--]

That highlighted part is profanity. The rest is fine. :)