DescriptionAfter having recovered the three treasures, King Graham has been crowned king. Now having needing a queen for companionship, Graham searches the land for a maiden, but to no avail, so he turns to the magic mirror for help. The mirror shows him a beautiful girl locked away in a quartz tower in a faraway land of Kolyma, and must find three keys that are used to unlock the door that will lead to her.
King's Quest II: Romancing the Throne is a graphic adventure game. As is typical for Sierra's AGI games, players move Graham around with arrow keys and perform actions by typing commands in the interface, which are usually combination of verbs and nouns. The game is similar to its predecessor in structure and gameplay system. Like Daventry, Kolyma is a large cyclical world consisting of interconnected screens. Compared to the first game, it is bigger and busier, with more locations and places of interest. Puzzles follow a similar format; knowledge of fairy tales is advisable for solving some of them, and complex solutions grant the player more points than a brute force approach possible in some cases.
There are no promo images for this game
- "KQ2" -- Informal abbreviated title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Amiga release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|CU Amiga||Apr, 1994||84 out of 100||84|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||1993||61 out of 100||61|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- The game has several easter eggs, including a cameo appearance of the Batmobile outside of the evil witch's cave.
- In the "Pegasus" section, if you look in a hole in one of the screens, it'll play a quick demo for Space Quest, whose designers also worked on this game.
- Kolyma is, in fact, a river far in north-eastern Siberia, infamous for Soviet prison camps in this area. Millions of "enemies of the Soviet Union" perished in the whole "Gulag Archipelago", including the Kolyma camps, which were among the most terrible ones due to very harsh climate.
Related Web Sites
- AGD Interactive (Download King's Quest 2 remake for free)
- King's Quest 2 complete pictorial walkthrough + easter eggs (KQ2 complete detailed walkthrough with screenshots & easter eggs. )
- KQ2 Hints (Robert Norton's hints will definitely help you get through this game.)
- ScummVM (supports the DOS, Macintosh, Amiga, Atari ST, Apple IIgs versions of King's Quest II under Windows, Linux, Macintosh and other platforms.)
- Sierra's Official Solution (Reprinted here on Games Over)