DescriptionAfter having recovered the three treasures, King Graham has been crowned king. Now having needing a queen for companionship, Graham searches the land for a maiden, but to no avail, so he turns to the magic mirror for help. The mirror shows him a beautiful girl locked away in a quartz tower in a faraway land of Kolyma, and must find three keys that are used to unlock the door that will lead to her.
King's Quest II: Romancing the Throne is a graphic adventure game. As is typical for Sierra's AGI games, players move Graham around with arrow keys and perform actions by typing commands in the interface, which are usually combination of verbs and nouns. The game is similar to its predecessor in structure and gameplay system. Like Daventry, Kolyma is a large cyclical world consisting of interconnected screens. Compared to the first game, it is bigger and busier, with more locations and places of interest. Puzzles follow a similar format; knowledge of fairy tales is advisable for solving some of them, and complex solutions grant the player more points than a brute force approach possible in some cases.
- "KQ2" -- Informal abbreviated title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Apple IIgs release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
- The game has several easter eggs, including a cameo appearance of the Batmobile outside of the evil witch's cave.
- In the "Pegasus" section, if you look in a hole in one of the screens, it'll play a quick demo for Space Quest, whose designers also worked on this game.
Related Web Sites
- AGD Interactive (Download King's Quest 2 remake for free)
- King's Quest 2 complete pictorial walkthrough + easter eggs (KQ2 complete detailed walkthrough with screenshots & easter eggs. )
- KQ2 Hints (Robert Norton's hints will definitely help you get through this game.)
- ScummVM (supports the DOS, Macintosh, Amiga, Atari ST, Apple IIgs versions of King's Quest II under Windows, Linux, Macintosh and other platforms.)
- Sierra's Official Solution (Reprinted here on Games Over)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.